fredag 1 oktober 2010

Chapeter 3



I’VE BEEN A BAD BAD GIRL

Unfortunately not in the amusing sense of the word, more i the way that gives me a bad concision for not getting enough important things done, such as applying for scholarships and getting things in order for my semester in Milan


Saturday 2.oct.2010

I know I know I know, I should not bitch about uni, but that is just what I am about to do!
You see, one of the teachers that have to agree to my so-called “Plan of study” regarding my 2 years at the master, is disagreeing with it. And without her consent I can’t go on exchange to Milan.
I see where she’s coming from, but at the same time I have no intention what so ever to go back to Aarhus before the start of my 5th year. Not only am I looking forward to study at Politecnico, I’m also looking forward to studying the way they study and learn la lingua di architecture in italiano (aka, the Italian architecture language). Not as much when it comes to their way of designing, then I see the Scandinavian language as being more suitable for me, but when it comes to the actual spoken language. I want to learn how to properly speak, understand and explain architecture in Italian.
She on the other hand wants me to go back to AAA and get tools for my 5th and final year.
My question is, if I haven’t manage to get most of those tools during my bachelor, how do they suppose that I get it in 1 semester?

I learn so much each day I’m working at Terroir, everything from basic things such as thoughts about layout and design process to problem solving at construction sights (my ears are as big as Dumbo’s when I’m sitting in the office, working on models and colourpaletts). I wish that I could continue to work as an intern, and it being a part of my education, for 1 entire year. Just think about how much I would learn, compare to 1 year in a studio at AAA!
It might be absolutely wonderful, almost like an evening at the castle (Cinderella)!

Otherwise not to much going on. Seeing that i live in a suburb, 1 hours train ride from the heart of Sydney, I’m not as social as I normally am. I’m not going to cafe’s everyday, even though I have found a new favorite one, Gertrude’s and Alice in Bondi beach. The only thing about Bondi that I like so far. Otherwise it’s not my type of place.
They are in to body’s, running around in tight tang tops (or nothing on top at all), flexing their muscles and getting the “perfect” tan, I’m in to design and get rather revolted by their horrendous spandex fashion. So the wonderful little book cafe became my magical fantasy cave, full with treasures and tea (you get it in a teapot, with the most beautiful little mismatching cup and saucer) while there.



Haven’t been out partying for real yet. 1 month in this country and not one single night with mayhem, not even a little. Think we are going in to the city for some concert tonight tough. Looking forward to that. Hopefully we won’t be home until the early hours of the Sunday morning... Have to dance, or I’ll loose my head, my pretty little (or Big, depending who you ask) head!